The AKT-180-M solar panel is a wonderful panel for individuals looking for a simple way to enter the world of free solar energy. This large 12V, 180-watt monocrystalline solar panel is water-resistant and sealed against the elements making it ideal to be used on a roof or in the garden to provide free solar energy for powering the house or as part of an “off-grid” solar system for a shed or outhouse that's not connected directly to the utility grid.
What makes this AKT 180W solar panel good for home use is that it's made using 72 long-lasting, high-efficiency, 125mm x 125mm monocrystalline photovoltaic cells arranged into a 12×3 + 12×3 configuration designed to give a full 180 watts of free solar energy. Additionally, this 180W Mono-crystalline solar battery comes complete with 5m of high-current star cable and trade customary MC4 connectors. It additionally comes with a waterproof junction box permitting you to connect it with other 180-watt solar panels to make larger roof-mounted solar arrays.
This panel may be a top-grade solar battery that includes a five years product pledge and guarantees over ten years for 90th power and 80th of full power once 20 years of continuous use with some of the highest solar cell efficiencies, around 17%, in the marketplace, all at reasonable costs.
Solar Panel Characteristics:
- 72 (12×3 + 12×3) Monocrystalline Solar Cells
- Peak Power (Wp): 180W ± 3-dimensional
- The voltage at maximum power (Vmp): 17.5V
- Current at maximum power (Imp): ten.29A
- Open-circuit voltage (Voc): 21.6V
- Short circuit current (Isc): 11.31A
- Power allowance range: ± 3-dimensional
- Dimensions: 808 x 1580 x 35mm
- Weight: 15kg
This 180 watt, a 12-volt solar panel is good to be used in powering ON or OFF grid solar energy systems and with the help of a charge controller for charging deep cycle batteries. It’s rigid anodized aluminum frame and toughened 3.2mm tempered glass prevents harm because of frost, snow and high winds giving it a design life of over 25 years of consistent free power mounted to a roof.
The AKT-180-M solar panel has bypass diodes fitted to avoid any hot-spot effects making it good for placing in series with other panels to make larger roof-mounted solar arrays. The backside of the frame of the panel is equipped with drainage holes to eliminate the chance that rain or snow water may accumulate in the frame causing harm to the frame in the cold season.
Let’s take a look at some of the AKT-180-M solar panels features:
The Panels good Points:
- Top of the range 180 Watt solar panel with excellent performance.
- Made from 72 (125×125) high performance, high efficiency monocrystalline solar cells.
- 3.2mm tempered glass and rigid anodized aluminum alloy frame for exceptional strength.
- Bypass diodes to avoid the hot-spot effect.
- Weatherproof and durable, good for permanent out of doors use on a roof or in a garden.
- Complete with 5m of flexible solar cable and MC4 connectors.
The Panels Unsatisfied Points:
- The large size and weight for roof mounting.
- Higher price per watt compared to similar sized panels.
- Requires extra roof mounting holes and/or brackets.
This high quality waterproof 180-watt solar panel is good for people who want to avoid wasting money on their electricity bills and the environment, or where it would cost too much to install electrical cables to a shed or jakes. The 180-watt panel is powerful enough to be used to power hundreds of devices that you might use in a shed, boat or caravans like lights and pumps and can even generate free renewable solar energy on a cloudy day.
Due to its stable, heavy-duty anodized Al alloy frame and 3.2mm thick high-transparent glass provides its exceptional strength, creating this solar battery good for permanent out of doors use on a roof or within the garden to produce free solar energy. Also, the low-iron tempered anti-reflecting glass helps to increase the solar conversion efficiency of the panel and diminish overheating by direct exposure to the sun's rays.